In love with Shakespeare (5)

Jan Van Eick "Il ritratto dei coniugi Arnolfini" Particolare

 Sonnet  XXX.

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste:
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancell'd woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight:
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.


Il Sonetto 30 secondo Kenneth Branagh...



Il Sonetto 30 secondo... me

Quando il pensiero silenzioso e dolce mi chiama
Invito i ricordi delle esperienze passate
Rimpiango le molte cose cercate e mancate
E ancora perdo il mio prezioso tempo in lontane pene

Allora i miei occhi si riempiono di insolite lacrime
Per i cari amici sperduti nell'infinita notte della morte
E nuovamente piango  antichi amori
E soffro d'aver perduto  tanti sguardi

Quindi patisco offese del passato
E faticosamente di pena in pena riconteggio
Il triste elenco delle offese sofferte
Che pago ancora come mai saldato

Ma se soltanto io ti penso, amico caro
Ciò che è perduto è reso e il dolore ha fine

Nessun commento: